Sydney Motorsport Park Gardner (GP) Circuit
The original jewel in Sydney Motorsport Park’s crown is the Grand Prix circuit, which was constructed in 1990.
Complying with FIA Category Two standards, this legendary circuit has hosted a number of major international races, including the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, V8 Supercars Championship and Australian rounds of A1GP.
The track surface is hot mix bitumen, laid in a continuous length. At 15m wide on the main straight, the circuit narrows to 12m as it flows through landscaped hills.
A favourite amongst riders and drivers alike, the Grand Prix circuit offers a variety of challenging bends, curves, turns and straights. Offering plenty of cornering, braking and passing opportunities, the Grand Prix circuit rewards the committed.
Turn one is the fastest on the circuit, with nerves of steel required to turn in at 200km/h.
Sydney Motorsport Park Brabham (Extended) Circuit
The 4.5km long circuit combines the classic Grand Prix layout with an additional 830m of track that branches from the southern end of the circuit.
The extensions sees competitors take the turn seven right hander, head over a crest through turns eight and nine, before heading downhill through turn ten. A fast run into a hard braking area for the turn 11 hairpin sets competitors up for a fast uphill run through the turn 12/13 complex that rejoins the original Grand Prix layout at the entry to turn 14.
As Australia’s only FIA Category Two approved circuit, this layout offers an incredible mix of the fast flowing sections for which Sydney Motorsport Park is famous, with some very technical sections that will test the best of both car and motorcycle competitors and is sure to become a favourite.
Sydney Motorsport Park Druitt (North) Circuit
GP North was the first new circuit for Sydney Motorsport Park, created via the addition of a link road between turns 4 and 15 utilising the northern half of the Grand Prix circuit.
The link road offers a unique challenge, as racers turn left from the entry to turn four, followed by a banked right-hander over a blind crest with a downhill entry into the exit of turn 14.
This link has produced a fast, flowing 2.8km layout that is serviced by the Grand Prix pit lane on the main straight.
Sydney Motorsport Park Amaroo (South) Circuit
Running around the famous Corporate Hill, GP South incorporates the 830m extension from turn 6 through to turn 14.
From turn 14, competitors run down the hill towards the turn 15 hairpin, but turn left prior to entry across a left-right-left link road before re-entering the original circuit at the exit of turn 4.
This has created a short, sharp, technical circuit with a fantastic mix of corners that will test drivers and riders of all levels, from beginner to professional.
Wakefield Park Raceway
The circuit is located two hours drive from Sydney and about one hour from Canberra, and is positioned on Braidwood Road, 10 kilometres south of Goulburn on 130 acres of cleared land. There are no trees or natural obstacles near the track. Safety is excellent and ripple strips, tyre walls and gravel traps have been positioned so as to make Wakefield a very safe circuit on which to run.
The Raceway is named after Charles Cheers Wakefield, the founder of Castrol Oil.The founder of Wakefield Park, amateur racer and former motor dealer, Paul Samuels privately funded the circuit for amateur racers with the likelihood in the 1990s of both Amaroo and Oran Parks closing. Its first meeting was held on 8 May 1994 and the total cost of the land and work was $1.2 million.
Pheasant Wood is the latest evolution of what started as the Marulan Driver Training Centre, Opened in 2009, the circuit was designed to offer a broad range of driving options on both dirt and bitumen. Purchased by Steve Shelley in 2018, the circuit has been dramatically upgraded to world-class standards in both track layouts, safety and amenities. The facility caters to a broad mix of motorsport and motoring activities, both on and off-road, as well as corporate events, drive days and club events through to fully-blown motorsport events on a larger scale.
Circuit Italia is the new name for the Port Stephens Council approved Ringwood Raceway motorsport venue. The venue is located at 49 Italia Rd Balickera NSW which is 12kms north of Raymond Terrace in the Hunter Valley. The 2.9km circuit will be dynamic and fast flowing, capitalising on the natural topography of the land to create some fantastic uphill sections and heart stopping down hill high speed corners. All this in a controlled and safe environment for you to enjoy at a level that can only be experienced on a closed circuit.
In addition to the circuit will be a driver training facility for people to learn the skills necessary for driving on public roads in dry or wet conditions, or for the more experienced driver to hone their skills to a new level of awareness for safer driving on the open road or to further their motorsport ambitions in a safe environment.
To receive updates on progress and details of a future venue supporters club, please click here to subscribe to the Circuit Italia Newsletter.
Racing at Winton Motor Raceway is always exciting and close because the circuit has a combination of long fast straights and twisty and tight bends. It is also known as “Australia’s Action Track”. Dick Johnson once described the circuit being ‘like running a marathon around your clothes-line’.
The Benalla Auto Club began planning for a permanent racing track around 1958, as a replacement for their existing track at Barjarg. In 1960 it was decided to build the track at Winton Recreation Reserve and the track was completed in twelve months. The circuit hosted its first race meeting on 26 November 1961.The circuit length was extended prior to the 1997 round of the V8 Supercar championship and the upgrade included a new pit complex.
The original circuit (now called the Winton Club Circuit) is 2.03 km in length and comprises 11 turns. The circuit was lengthened to 3.0 km with the cars turning left prior to the esses and a series of right hand turns added before the extension rejoins the original track at the esses. The long circuit is called the Winton National Circuit.
In 1952 a steering committee formed and the Phillip Island Auto Racing Club (PIARC) was developed with a dream “to build Australia’s first international grand prix circuit”.
The current site was purchased in that year. PIARC called for 7000 subscriptions at 10 pounds ($20) each to assist in the development of the circuit and building work. An Alfa Romeo was used to measure the three-mile distance required for international certification as an International Circuit.
Between 1952 and 1956 the building of the circuit met with some major engineering hurdles, and PIARC had to call for more money from its shareholders. The Grand Opening Meeting was held with much acclaim in December 1956.
Symmons Plains International Raceway is located on Midland Highway some 30km south of Launceston.
The track is known for several interesting features including its very long back straight with a kink, its extremely tight hairpin bend at the end of the front straight and the unusual placement of the original start/finish line and grid that was on a curve.
Morgan Park Raceway is a motorsports complex located at Old Stanthorpe Road near Warwick, in Queensland, Australia and is operated by the Warwick District Sporting Car Club Inc. The venue features a race circuit with five different layouts.
The initial 730 metre race circuit was constructed in 1968 and the first race meeting was staged in March of the following year. The circuit was bitumen sealed in 1997 and an extension to 1.2 kilometres was subsequently undertaken. A further extension to 2.1 kilometres was completed in 2002 and the venue hosted its first Queensland Motor Racing Championships round the same year.
The new 3.0-kilometre layout was first used on the weekend of 14/15 August 2010 for a round of the Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships.
Mallala Motor Sport Park
The Mallala Race Circuit, as it was originally known, was established on the site of the former RAAF Base Mallala. The land was purchased from the Royal Australian Air Force at public auction in 1961 by a group of enthusiasts seeking to create a replacement for the Port Wakefield Circuit.
The original lap distance of 3.38 km was reduced to 2.601 km in late 1964 when Bosch Curve was moved closer to the Dunlop Curve Grandstand, thus removing the north eastern leg of the circuit.
Mallala served as South Australia’s home of motor sport throughout the sixties and it hosted a round of the Australian Drivers’ Championship each year from 1961 to 1971.
Collie Kostecki Motorplex
Collie Motorplex is the second of only two permanent race tracks in Western Australia and can easily challenge its competitor for thrills and adrenaline.
Favored by many for its fast corners, clear visibility and excellent grip levels this track still keeps even seasoned competitors on their toes. This track is a must for the competition season as the venue continues to develop and grow into another great home for WA Motorsport.
How To Get There?
Collie is located approximately 200km South of Perth 59km inland of Bunbury.
Collie Motorplex is approximately 14 km’s east of Collie. Starting from the Town of Collie, head out of town East, along Coalfields Rd. Watching for the signs, Patterson Rd is the first right after the Shire of Collie Building. Continue along Patterson Rd as this changes name to Preston Rd. After approximatly 3.5km turn left onto Collie South East Rd. A further 3km up is Powerhouse Rd, turn Left. Collie Motorplex is clearly visible and located on the right around 6.5km down Powerhouse Rd.